Now that it is finally warmer and sunnier in Toronto, I have been craving fresh salads and coconut water lately. So I wanted to create a coconut-based salad to complement a nice, cold, refreshing glass of coconut water. I came up with this “Cuckoo for Coconut” salad and it was delicious! This vegan salad is high in fibre, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
“Cuckoo for Coconut” Salad
- 3 tablespoons creamed coconut, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut chips
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 3 baby bok choy, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Mix everything together.
- Let set for 5 minutes to allow all the flavours to mix and mingle.
We packaged this salad in Mason jars and brought them with us to Scarborough Bluffs Park. The salad tasted even better with the beautiful view of Lake Ontario and with some coconut water on the side. I hope you get to try this recipe and enjoy it outdoors in the beautiful weather this summer!