Argan oil, which is extracted from the kernels of argan fruit trees, is high in essential fatty acids, vitamin E, and other antioxidants. I use this nutrient-rich oil as a hair treatment at least once every month to help grow and maintain long, luscious, healthy hair! I love the New Roots Herbal Argan Oil, because it is pure, organic, cold-pressed, non-GMO, hand-sourced from Morocco, and very affordable (usually around $16 CAD for a 50-ml glass bottle). Here is how I use it as a hair treatment at least once every month for long, healthy hair:
- Pick a day when your hair does not need to look great (i.e. an uneventful day-off or a work day with no important meetings).
- In the morning, apply a generous amount of argan oil all over your hair. (For my hair length, I use about 5 full droppers.)
- Massage the argan oil well into your hair and then, tie your hair up in a bun.
- Let the argan oil sit in your hair for the entire day (at least 8 hours).
- Shampoo your hair once or twice (no need to condition it afterwards) and let it air-dry.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 at least once every month and enjoy your beautiful hair!
If you complement this at-least-monthly hair treatment with minimal to no use of hair-styling products and heat, a healthy diet, and minimal stress, get ready to watch your hair grow in length and volume!