Larabar Fruit and Nut Energy Bars are simple (contain no more than nine whole-food ingredients), gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, low-sodium, and vegan. They are delicious right out of the wrapper, but since they are made with only such few pure and raw ingredients, I thought to myself, “Why not bake with them?” So I experimented with that thought and managed to turn one Larabar into eight delicious and nutritious cookies! It works with all the Larabar flavours, but I will be showing you how with my favourite flavour, Coconut Cream.
1. Select your favourite Larabar flavour (mine is Coconut Cream) and preheat the oven to 150°F.
2. Cut the Larabar into eight equally sized pieces (cut the bar into halves and then, cut each half into quarters).
3. With the palms of your hands, flatten each piece as much as possible into thin, round cookies.
4. Bake the cookies for about 30 minutes or until crispy.
5. Let the cookies cool down completely to get even more crispy and then, enjoy!
These cookies are so delicious and nutritious (high in fibre and healthy fats) since the only ingredient is Larabar. Also, this recipe, which makes eight bite-sized cookies from one Larabar, is great for portion control. So the next time you are craving cookies, try this out!